December 24, 2012

Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookies


Christmas Eve is here and what am I doing? Staying in a cabin out in the middle of the freezing cold woods of New Hampshire and baking cookies, cakes, and bread with my mom!
 
These cookies are a family tradition. I know what you're thinking. Peanut butter hershey kiss cookies aren't anything new.
But that is because we invented them. I mean look at that recipe, it's ages old (don't tell my mom I said that).
Okay, we didn't invent them. But this recipe is different than the average peanut butter hershey kiss cookie. Trust me. Have I ever lead you wrong? Exactly.
 
Preheat your oven to 350 degees.
In a large bowl put in a whole 18 oz jar of creamy peanut butter, 1 and 1/4 cup of sugar, and two eggs. My mother says to use a mixer and since she is always right I would do so.
I never use a mixer...just saying ;)
 
The dough will not look anything like cookie dough. It will seem like very sugary peanut butter. Very yummy sugary peanut butter I might add.
Roll into balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. The size depends on preference.
 
The one on the left is mine...the right is my moms. I like my cookies big as we all know...my mother thinks I am crazy. However she is right, if you make them smaller they come out a bit crispier.
 
Place in the over for 12 minutes. As soon as they come out place a hershey kiss on each, pressing down slighlty. I made two baking sheets full of them with one recipe, so about 3 dozen.
 
 

I like to let them cool a bit before eating so the hershey kiss doesn't melt right away when you bite into it. And my way is always right...unless if my mom's way is different...then her way is right. 
 
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment